Tuesday, November 18, 2008

H20 Project

What are you discovering so far?:
Well I discovered a new interest for photographic arts which further cements my once previous interest in the digital arts. I did not know anything about "the rule of thirds" or "eyes, color, fill the frame." I also did not realize how some San Diego beaches can be quite contaminated several times of the year or the perpetually gross De Anza cove. Through fellow student Diana Barlow I realized that the children's pool in La Jolla cove was originally meant for children. I can only imagine seals and humans fighting for there place for the beach...Except not really.

What surprises you about this project?:
Well I think out of everything I discovered I am most surprised about the water quality of some of the beaches and how often some beaches are closed due to high bacteria levels within the water. In biology class I had to go and look at longest closed beaches in San Diego County and I was pretty surprised.

What are your next steps to have a cool product and a great piece of writing?
Well I plan on taking beautiful high resolution photographs and having great bits of writing to accompany each photo. Within the photo I will not only include my opinion of the matter but scientific facts about things such as the biology of Garibaldi, characteristics of kelp forests, and the surrounding water quality.

No comments: