Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Internship Blog

1. What do you hope to learn or discover about the "adult" world of work while you are at your internship?
I want to intern at a facility that specializes in biochemical engineering or any other medical related field. I really like the idea of interning at a facility that specializes in a science field so I can get a hands on experience of what it would be like to work in that field. I want to go to medical school at UCSD when I am older and would like to get a feel for what work would be like in that field. Also I have actually never had a real job so I want to see what it is like to work at an office.

2. What do you hope to learn or discover about yourself and your identity while you are at your internship this semester?
How I work in an office, how I work around others that are not my age, how I work in a science related environment. I feel I will come out of my internship as a more experienced individual and learn a lot of good life skills.

3. What goals do you have for yourself for your internship experience?
Get better work skills and gain a basic idea of what working in an office would be like. I am really looking forward to internship immersion where I can go there every day. I am really looking forward to it and feel like it would be a good change from school. My goal is to complete my project and contribute to the facility I am working for.

No comments: